A sudden and unexpected event leading to major unrest amongst the individuals at the workplace is called as organization crisis. In other words, crisis is defined as any emergency situation which disturbs the employees as well as leads to instability in the organization. Crisis affects an individual, group, organization or society on the whole.
Why you need Crisis Management
- Crisis Management prepares the individuals to face unexpected developments and adverse conditions in the organization with courage and determination.
- Employees adjust well to the sudden changes in the organization.
- Employees can understand and analyze the causes of crisis and cope with it in the best possible way.
- Crisis Management helps the managers to devise strategies to come out of uncertain conditions and also decide on the future course of action.
- Crisis Management helps the managers to feel the early signs of crisis, warn the employees against the aftermaths and take necessary precautions for the same.